Extended support for Windows 7 will officially end on 17.1.2020 and support for Windows 7 POS Ready will cease on 12.10.2021.
Vento POS application will be fully functional, however, we recommend to update OS to new version Windows 10 to ensure seamless performance of our Vento app.
OS upgrade guide
1. Contact your local IT administrator and request an upgrade of your OS device. Please share with them this guide.
2. You must notify us with upgrade date as you will require our assistance to verify the licence
- Contact us at least 5 working days before planned upgrade via customer support portal, email email@example.com or via phone on +44 333 016 3413
- Do you use PDA android devices? Please advise us accordingly when raising the ticket.
3. Make a copy of the Vento folder from the current device so it is ready to be pasted to the new OS. The usual location of the Vento folder is in Local Disc (C:)
4. Instal printers onto the new OS mirroring current settings
- Check printer addresses and their respective types of connection through ePOS --> Printers and ePOS --> Terminals
5. Run the Vento application. System message 'Terminal is not allowed to run on this computer. Terminal not identified' will pop up - licence verification is required on our end.
6. Contact customer support with a request to verify the till's licence.
Customer support opening hours:
Weekdays 7:00 am - 6:00 pm (London GMT+1)
Weekends and Bank Holidays 8:00 am - 12:00 pm (London GMT+1)